Monday, June 23, 2014

Positive Thinking

Every single day is something new as a mom. Some days you can get a lot accomplished and feel like super mom, and other days it is 5pm and you've got a house that looks like a tornado hit it, nothing on the stove cooking for dinner, and you wonder where the day went. Most of my days are fairly routine at this point, but there are those days that I am thrown for a complete loop. Friday was one of those thrown for a loop days for me. I had a fussy baby who refused to sleep all day. She is usually a very good sleeper but this particular day she gave me the hardest time I think I've had with her since we brought her home almost 4 months ago. Any mom knows the frustration you feel during those fussy times with your baby. You try everything to calm them and nothing works. It breaks your heart that there's nothing you can do, and all you want to do is just cry with them. After dealing with the baby all day I was just drained. Drained or not my work was not over for the day. That afternoon my husband injured his eye pretty badly at work and was in the ER. When I got that text I thought I was just going to loose my marbles. I was already so stressed out and now this? I couldn't take much more. I almost let things get the best of me before I realized I was thinking in a negative manner about things, which only caused me to feel worse. Sure things did not go the way I had planned that day but in the big scheme of things I am a very lucky woman. I have a happy (usually) and healthy baby, and my husband is going to be okay once he's healed. Things could have definitely been worse. Everybody deals with life situations different.  I always try and be a positive person in anything I do, but there are those times that I get down and feel sorry for myself. I think that's just normal. As much as we'd like, everything can't be all peachy keen all of the time. It's how we deal with the situations that come our way that will determine how the day plays out.

What helps you get out of a funk mood?


No comments:

Post a Comment